We aren’t who we sometimes think we are….
It seems sometimes, that as Christians….Christ Followers, we forget who we are because of who we know. One day we will fully understand but until then we need to continue to remind ourselves of who JESUS says we are. Believe it…because it is true! Here are a few of the things /character/ people, we are according to Jesus…
1. We are the salt of the earth. (Food without salt is very bland. Sometimes so bland you don’t want to even eat it. Add a little salt and it become yummy!) We are called to add “flavor” to the lives of people around us.
~~~~~~~Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
2. We are the light of the world…Because we are in Jesus (who is the light) we contain that light, and it is designed to send the darkness scurrying away. Let your light shine in your family, workplaces, in the Walmarts of the world…You make a huge difference because the Light of Christ shines forth with brightness. Make someone’s day….SHINE!
~~~~~~~Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
3. We are children of God! What a profound announcement….God is my Father…Your Father…Our Father. Perhaps a father we never had in the physical, or one we lost early, or never knew. Our real Dad is God, provided we have asked him to be. He forgives our sin when we ask, He loves us unconditionally, He smiles when he thinks of us, and he laughs out loud as He watches us grow strong and mighty in Him. We are who he came to earth and died for…so we could always be with him in this world and His Kingdom to come…Kids of the KING….with all rights of the “family.”
~~~~~~~Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
4. We are part of the true vine and Christ’s life flows through us. Jesus is the root in our life, he brings food, nourishment, allows our leaves to absorb sonshine. Without the root, we couldn’t live.
~~~~~~Joh 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing
5. We are His Friends! A true friend is one who knows our secrets, has seen us fail, has seen us struggle, has seen our bleakest moment, and our greatest triumph…We are chosen to know His secrets, though he will never fail, if he did, we would know, we have seen him struggle with the heartache of his “friend.” We know of his pain and suffering on earth…and we KNOW of his Great Victory over death and sin and hell…There is no better friend to have than Jesus!
~~~~~Joh 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
Jesus also says…
6. I am chosen by Christ to bear fruit….and so you think of this correctly…remember when in past games that sides were chosen as to who would play against who…In my day and age it was “Red Rover”…Well You were the FIRST person chosen…not the middle or the last…and you were chosen because of Jesus Love for you and that you would be successful in bringing forth fruit…You are productive member …so believe it!
Joh 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
7. You are Christ’s personal witness sent out to tell everybody about him So our job is to get out there and brag about Jesus! Put your Holy Spirit swagger on…You may be the only Jesus someone will ever meet….what you say and do will determine where THEY spend eternity!
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.